[Seaside] [Q] How can I run Comet?

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Sun Sep 3 16:23:20 UTC 2006

> Oh. Then, what's the difference between WAListener and WAKom(and
> WAKomEncoded)? And why WAListener can run Comet application, but WAKom
> can not. What I want to know is this.

- WAKom is directly using the Kom server. It requires the full
response of Seaside to actually respond to the client.

- WAListener is implementing its own listening loop. It processes the
request using the mechanisms provided by Kom but directly streams back
the result to the socket instead of waiting for Seaside to complete
the whole request. This is much more efficient as it doesn't require
an intermediate stream to write too and it pushes the result to the
browser immediately. Though, as far as I know, it is less tested and
could potentially be buggy.

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli