[Seaside] how to do keyword initialization of WAComponent children.

Bakki Kudva bakki.kudva at gmail.com
Fri Sep 15 20:14:29 UTC 2006

I trying a trivial example where I am doing this....

WAComponent subclass: LHFileClass  subclass: LHFileCabinet

Other children of LHFileClass are LHFileDrawer, LHFileFolder etc.
LHFileClass is an abstract class which holds  methods common to all. I
want the initializer for children like, LHCabinet to be a keyword
method (which I adapted from classes such as Point x:y:)which  is
simply name: aName which sets the name of the filing cabinet in its
instance var name. It does this by actually calling a calss method
setName: in LHFileClass

name: aName
 "initialize new Filing Cabinet"
	^self new setName: aName.

But when I try to instantiate the class in the workspace I get:
UndefinedObject(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand: registerObjectForBacktacking.

I tried adding super intialize to both children but still got the msg.

TIA,
bakki