[Seaside] [Magritte] Persistence for descriptions

stephane ducasse stephane.ducasse at free.fr
Mon Sep 25 18:46:12 UTC 2006

welcome!

> Hi everyone.. i'm new in the Squeak/Seaside/Magritte world.. and i
> really like it

Cool!

> I thinks it's great the work you people are doing and eventually i
> would like to contribute in any way..

Excellente there are plenty of things to do and have fun with.

> In the meantime i'm trying to use Seaside/Magritte for some
> projects, but i have a newbie question..
>
> how can i implement persistence in Magritte in a simple way? Saving
> to the image? How often? Is this safe enought?

usually for a snapshot you should save multiple of them with
different name 01 02 10.
This is safe but some people are working on a database back end using
Magma. Esug is also trying to get a XML back end (but
so far nothing there).

Impara pubslihed in their source a back end for XML.