[Seaside] Open-source Seaside applications

Göran Krampe goran at krampe.se
Thu Apr 19 07:26:15 UTC 2007

Hi!

> Hi,
>
> I'm pretty new to Seaside, and looking for some open-source Seaside
> applications to cut my teeth on. Aside from the example store that
> ships with Seaside, are there any open-source applications that people
> would suggest learning from? (I'm especially interested in those that
> are pretty up-to-date, e.g. use WARenderCanvas, etc. -- there seems to
> be plenty of documentation for the older APIs, but much less for
> current stuff.)

Well, Lukas mentioned Pier/Magritte - but as he also noted (except for the
"not" typo) they may be a bit "abstract" to get into.

Another example is Gjallar: http://www.gjallar.se

While it also contains a small "meta forms framework" a la Magritte - most
UIs are more or less straight forward. Note that Gjallar does no
backtracking at all (yet) and is not robust in regards to the back button.

But it has most marks of a typical web app so it should hopefully be good
for inspiration and code examples.

regards, Göran