[Seaside] call/answer problem in 2.6b1.136?

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Thu Apr 19 08:00:30 UTC 2007

> I'm afraid I won't get a chance to come up with a standalone case for at
> least another day. Big release looming, you know how it goes :) I'll
> keep the old methods as overrides for now as they seem to work fine
> until I can look further into it.

Are you using #show:/#show:onAnswer:/#show:onAnswer:delegation: directly?

In my opinion #show: should not block and therefor not raise the
WARenderNotification. When using #show: the web-flow continues in
aBlock, but the execution-flow is not interrupted. This is
continuation passing style.

#call: is different. It blocks the execution and resumes it after
answering. Here the web-flow and the execution-flow are unified.
That's why we need to interrupt the execution using the
WARenderNotification.

Does this make sense?

Cheers,
Lukas