[Seaside] #updateUrl: only applies for callbacks?

John Thornborrow john at pinesoft.co.uk
Thu Apr 26 10:11:39 UTC 2007

Hello all,

I am currently getting to grips with RESTful urls and multiple
entrypoints with Seaside, and I have noticed a small querk - that is the
#updateUrl: method only applies when the component is used in a #callback:

Allow me to explain..

I have created a system whereby the user can enter a url in the format
of: "www.host.com/seaside/applicationname/SomeClass" where SomeClass is
the name of the main component. That SomeClass component. If the user
navigates to the same page via a callback from a different entry point,
the URL will update to that of the above, but if the user navigates
directly (i.e. enters it in the address bar of their browser) the url
will not hold onto the SomeClass element.

Is there a way to 'resolve' this that I have yet to discover?

Thanks,

John.

www.pinesoft.co.uk

Pinesoft Computers are registered in England, Registered number: 2914825. Registered office: 266-268 High Street, Waltham Cross, Herts, EN8 7EA