[Seaside] Gemstone / Magritte

Ramon Leon ramon.leon at allresnet.com
Tue Aug 7 17:50:11 UTC 2007

> One could use the same argument against our use of #description.
>
> I think it makes sense for us to change our infrastructure to
> not use #description - we only have a handful of current
> users and one of them has just experienced pain with our use
> of #description - so changing will not be a lot of work.
>
> Dale
>
> Ramon Leon wrote:

I would make the same argument, something as generic as #description should
never be used in any framework, it's far too likely to be used in client
code and overridden accidentally.  It should be fixed in Gemstone as well as
Magritte, though I've long since worked my way around the latter because I
don't see it happening.

Ramon Leon
http://onsmalltalk.com