[Seaside] Enable Browser Back Button with AJAX-Scriptaculous

Boris Popov boris at deepcovelabs.com
Fri Aug 31 22:55:51 UTC 2007

That's the one of a few key reasons YUI Browser History Manager exists,

http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/history/

Quote: Client-side changes to a web page's content and structure are not
recorded by the browser's history engine. As a consequence, the
navigation buttons (back/forward) we've learned to use as we traverse
the World Wide Web of documents don't usually serve us well when we
begin exploring the World Wide Web of applications. Bookmarking, too, is
problematic in web applications, as the application can change state
hundreds of times through the course of a session without any change to
the original document's URL. These are significant problems in the
current paradigm of web application development.

-Boris

--
+1.604.689.0322
DeepCove Labs Ltd.