[Seaside] How to control ID of a component?

itsme213 itsme213 at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 6 16:04:51 UTC 2007

I would like to control / record the ID of a component for use in the Ajax
behavior of other components.

e.g. I have a ToolbarComponent with links on it. I want those links to have
onClick update behavior, inserting stuff into a different component
ListComponent. To do this the ToolbarComponent needs to use the ID of the
ListComponent. If these were just #renderXYZ methods (instead of separate
component) I could easily pass the ID around. The problem is they are two
separate components, and #renderContentOn: is called by the framework
without the option of passing  in an ID.

I can't do these IDs statically e.g. I may have lots of these on a page.

Any suggestions? Am I thinking of the problem incorrectly?

Thanks!

Sophie