[Seaside] CSS Overflow property, scrolling in Scriptaculous Autocompleter

Sigrid E. Mortensen sigridm at lightlink.com
Wed Dec 12 18:39:21 UTC 2007

Hi again,

There have definitely been others with this problem.  A search of
"overflow autocompleter" on this link reveals several posts
discussing the issue.  Unfortunately, I am a seasoned Smalltalker who
does not speak Prototype or Javascript, and I haven't the foggiest
idea what they're talking about in their proposed solutions.

How do I incorporate suggestions like this (from the web site http://
elia.wordpress.com/2007/01/18/overflow-smooth-scroll-with-
scriptaculous/):

> From time to time while developing with script.aculo.us I needed
> smooth scrolling for an “overflow:auto” element:
>
> finally I got it: http://dev.rubyonrails.org/ticket/5118
>
> If you want to scroll to a specific element inside the container,
> follow this example:
>
> function moveTo(container, element){
>   Position.prepare();
>   container_y = Position.cumulativeOffset($(container))[1]
>   element_y = Position.cumulativeOffset($(element))[1]
>   new Effect.Scroll(container, {x:0, y:(element_y-container_y)});
>   return false;
> }
> where Position.cumulativeOffset($('target-id')) gives you an array
> with the absolute position of that element.

into Smalltalk/Seaside?