[Seaside] Re: [ANN] Magma Tutorial

itsme213 itsme213 at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 18 05:51:14 UTC 2007

I did get through Installer on 3.10gamma (but will have to revert to 3.9 as
I cannot upgrade images right now). For now on to some persistence
experiments ...

Some newbie questions:
Is StSession (or my session class) supposed to have an instVar #db, to be
set to
    self db: (self magma rootAs: StMagmaDatabase) ?

If not, where is #db: defined? What is the object/instVar path between my
WAComponents and the instance of my Database class
    WADictionaryRoot subclass: #MyMagmaDatabase

Also, are commits supposed to happen automatically after each server round
trip? Does this work for Ajax updates? I am not seeing these commit changes
in the "commits" folder, and after I quit and restart my Squeak image
without saving, I don't see the changes I made previously.

Thanks - Sophie