[Seaside] multipart forms and non-ascii characters

Boris Popov boris at deepcovelabs.com
Tue Feb 20 16:39:18 UTC 2007

WebToolkit or Swazoo version?

Cheers!

-Boris
(Sent from a BlackBerry)

----- Original Message -----
From: seaside-bounces at lists.squeakfoundation.org <seaside-bounces at lists.squeakfoundation.org>
To: seaside at lists.squeakfoundation.org <seaside at lists.squeakfoundation.org>
Sent: Tue Feb 20 08:32:50 2007
Subject: [Seaside] multipart forms and non-ascii characters

Hi all,
  I have a problem with multipart form fields and non-ascii characters.
  The form looks like:

  html form
    multipart;
    with: [
       html textInput .........
       html textArea .........
       html fileUpload .......
   ].

If the user entered any non-ascii string into the textInput or textArea, I get the string in 16bits (sounds like utf-16) and not the usual smalltalk representation. I am using VW7.5 (vw-dev beta version) which has pretty much the latest seaside ported and beside this, I have no problems with it.
 The problem is with #multipart. If I comment out "multipart", non-ascii strings work right (but obviously file upload does not).

   Thanks a lot!
      Petr Stepanek