[Seaside] upgrading methods

Brad Fuller brad at sonaural.com
Thu Feb 22 21:21:34 UTC 2007

Lukas Renggli wrote:
>> >     WAComponent allSubclassesDo: [ :each | each initialize ].
>> >     WADispatcher resetAll.
>
> After doing this you need to stop and restart the server, so that it
> catches the new dispatcher.
>
>> UPDATE: Twice I stopped WAKom and restarted. The 3rd time, I stopped it,
>>   waited, and restarted and Seaside came up. Don't know if it was a
>> browser cache problem or what.
>>
>> But, I don't have my Pier app. And, I want my Pier app!
>
> Excellent, now re-initialize Pier:
>
>     PRPierFrame initialize.
>
> Answer: yes (create an entry point) - no (create a new kernel) - a
> Kernel (select your old kernel) - accept (suggested entry point) - ok
> (try in the web browser).

Ok, another problem. I upgraded per your advice for the order. I saved
as new version just so I could get back to where I was.

Seaside ran fine when updating. No problem.
But, when I run the new version I rcv from the browser:

======
  Internal Error
MessageNotUnderstood: WAStandardFiles>>urlOf:

[] in WAStandardFiles(WAFileLibrary)>>updateRoot: {[:each | (each
endsWith: #Js) ifTrue: [aHtmlRoot javascript url: (sel...]}
Array(SequenceableCollection)>>do:
WAStandardFiles(WAFileLibrary)>>updateRoot:
WAStandardFiles>>updateRoot:
[] in WAApplication>>updateRoot: {[:each | each default updateRoot:
anHtmlRoot]}
OrderedCollection>>do:
WAApplication>>updateRoot:
WASession>>updateRoot:
WARender>>buildDocRoot
WARender>>buildResponse
[] in WARender>>render {[:u | url := u. self buildResponse]}
[] in WASession>>respond: {[:cc | url := self actionUrlForContinuation:
cc. response := responseBlock...]}
ResponseContinuation class(Continuation class)>>currentDo:
WASession>>respond:
WARender>>render
[] in WARender>>go {[self render]}
BlockContext>>on:do:
WARender>>withRenderNowHandler:
[] in WARender>>go {[self withRenderNowHandler: [self render]. self
shouldRedirect ifTrue: ...]}
BlockContext>>on:do:
======

If I: WADispatcher resetAll
I rcv DNU: WAFileHandler: #basePath

WAFileHandler>>registerAsHandler: aString sends the message:

   handler := self new basePath: aString.

aString is: 'files'

WAFileHandler is trying to initialize, but there is no #basePath

So, I did something wrong during updating.

Any hints????

--
brad fuller
  http://www.Sonaural.com/