[Seaside] Submitting a form from a WAImageButtonTag

Carl Gundel carlg at libertybasic.com
Fri Feb 23 13:10:45 UTC 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: "Michel Bany" <m.bany at wanadoo.fr>
> Carl Gundel a écrit :
>> Is it possible to do something like this with an image button?
>>
>>  html imageButton
>>    callback: [ self doStuff ];
>>    url: self buttonUrl;
>>    submitFormNamed: 'myform'
>>
>> It works with anchors, but not image buttons.
> Carl,
> If the image button is enclosed in the form, then it will submit the form,
> therefore image button does not implement #submitFormName:
> Maybe you are trying to place your image button outside the form or
> even trying to place it inside another form with the idea of submitting
> two forms or more (not a recommended practice IMO)^then you
> may want to try using #onClick: like in the check box implementation
> of #submitFormName:

Hi Michel,

Thanks for that.  In fact things were fine except that we accidentally
created one form nested inside another.  As soon as we noticed this, it was
easy to fix the problem.  It turns out we didn't need to do anything
special, as you suggest.

-Carl Gundel
Run BASIC, a Seaside application
http://www.runbasic.com