[Seaside] So where is the "release" version of 3.7?

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Mon Feb 26 17:58:12 UTC 2007

> I can't say it makes me feel all fuzzy about 2.7 when it is still
> marked alpha and people seem to have dropped it in favor of beginning
> 2.8.  The latest thing I can see in the repository is Seaside 2.7a1-
> mb.205

Well, I don't think 2.7a1 means it is alpha. I don't know where this
scheme is coming from, maybe the $a means 'Avi' and I simply
misunderstood when I started the 2.7a1 branch. There was once a 2.6d
branch, where the $d could have ment 'Dolphin' Smalltalk. I think of
it as a progression from $a to $z, that's it.

2.7a1 will stop as soon as Michel published his port to VisualWorks,
further bug fixes will be committed in 2.7b1. In the meantime we
continue in 2.8a1 with some radical changed ;-)

> It would be nice to see something labeled 2.7 final.

The version labeled as final is the one in the SqueakMap package
'SeasideInstaller'. SqueakSource is just a working repository where
everybody committs whatever he/she contributes.

Cheers,
Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli