[Seaside] call: vs rendered component

Sean Malloy smalloy at gmail.com
Mon Feb 26 23:28:08 UTC 2007

> You haven't forgotten to register the component for backtracking, have you?

Well I probably have forgotten to, however my question wasn't about
back tracking. I was actually more interested in knowing which of
those two styles is the preferred style, and in what situations?

I noticed a thread from a couple of days ago by Avi regarding features
people may or may not use - He mentions that dabble uses less call:'s
than people might think, and more just plain rendering of inline
components. So it got me thinking, do people tend to sway one way or
the other, or mix and match depending on the situation (and please
cite an example of where you would use call: over just rendering the
component inline)

Regards,

Sean