[Seaside] SeasideComet problem

Michel Bany m.bany at wanadoo.fr
Fri Jan 19 07:17:04 UTC 2007

Esteban Robles Luna a écrit :
> Hi,
> I`m having some problems with seasidecomet on vw 7.4.1.
> I have just loaded SeasideForWebToolkit, SeasideScriptacuolus and
> SeasideComet from the cincom public repository and I got this error
> when I´m trying the counter comet example.
>
> Internal Error
> Error: Streaming-server required.
Hi Esteban,

There is something new in recent Seaside VW ports : a "streaming" servlet.
By default the streaming servlet is disabled.
To enable it go to http://localhost:8008/seaside/go/tools/servletadmin, read
the explanations and follow the instructions.
Then goto http://localhost:8008/seaside/stream/browse and proceed from
there.

The streaming servlet is the VW equivalent of Squeak WAListener. Unlike
Squeal both the streaming and the regular servlets may listen on the
same port.

HTH,
Michel.