[Seaside] Is your code for your Seaside web-app using concise methods?

Rick Flower rickf at ca-flower.com
Wed Jan 24 15:38:35 UTC 2007

Philippe Marschall wrote:
> 2007/1/24, Rick Flower <rickf at ca-flower.com>:
>> I've been working on a web-app with Seaside/Glorp for a while now
>> (although it's been on hold since November when I last worked on it) and
>> find that some of my administrative classes are getting a bit larger
>> than I really want.. I can certainly refactor the code to collect each
>> functional-area of the admin interface into its own class, but am
>> curious about whether others out there with Seaside apps have most or
>> almost all of your classes with methods containing <10 lines of code
>> (give or take)?   Some of my admin methods have >20-30+ lines of code --
>> many of which are laying out forms or handling callbacks..  In those
>> cases, I don't think there's much that can be done  -- correct?
>
> There is. Don't do the forms yourself, instead generate them with
> something like Magritte.
I had looked into using Magritte, but at the time (6-9 months ago) it
wasn't yet ported to
VW which is what I'm using..

> And as brutal as this sounds now: use proper CSS and hire a web
> designer. No more inline styles, no more consecutive breaks.
Actually, I've got 99% of my styles in style methods or in plain old CSS
files,
but do have some spotty forced styles in various places that seemed
easier at
the time instead of coming up with a new item for the css file that may
or may
not be used elsewhere in my code.