[Seaside] Is your code for yourSeaside web-appusing concisemethods?

Ramon Leon ramon.leon at allresnet.com
Tue Jan 30 23:44:18 UTC 2007

> In my case, the MSAShoppingCart was not a (Seaside) component
> (I should have made that obvious) but more a helper class to
> hold onto anything related to a shopping cart such as those
> items added to the cart, etc.

Wouldn't that just be the Cart object?

> I suppose I could just keep the shopping cart simple (KISS)
> and just have the offending callback/block logic do the
> necessary updates of items in the cart with the liveCallbacks
> as I've already got it.. Is that my best approach for this

Yes... MVC, the Seaside component is the view, the callback's or
liveCallbacks, are the controller methods (hopefully the callbacks just
invoke methods rather than contain them, and there should be some sort of
model object, i.e. the ShoppingCart domain object.

> sort of problem? If so, I think that's more or less what I
> had before I started whacking things around late last night..
>
> Many thanks in advance for your assistance Ramon!

Any time.

Ramon Leon
http://onsmalltalk.com