[Seaside] [Bug][2.8] WAUserConfiguration-#initialize migration problems

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Wed Jul 4 15:53:19 UTC 2007

> In loading Seaside 2.8 into an image which has 2.7 in it, the
> WAUserConfiguration-#initialize method is copying over values for its
> ancestors which are references to ObsoleteClasses.

This looks scary, this initializer must be quite old.

> It appears that performing an initialize or a WADispatcher resetAll,
> essential fails to reset the configuration ancestors, it just propagates
> any previous errors that might be present in the configuration ancestry.

Maybe you need to recompile the code. There shouldn't be obsolete
references in the Seaside code, we regularly run SLint.

Btw, one of the goals of 2.8 is to improve the configuration
framework. Over the time this has become a real mess of properties
that were added to the wrong class, ect. Also it has shown to be a
bottleneck, because the lookup of values can be really slow. If
anybody has ideas (or is willing to contribute code) please go ahead.

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch