[Seaside] Component with multiples decorations

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 16:28:23 UTC 2007

>   1) The buttons Ok and Cancel are displayed two times, one time inside
> the form and one time just outside the form (just after the </form> tag).

I tried to reproduce this, but could not.

>   2) When I hit the <Enter> key inside the form I encountered an issue
> telling me that WAValidationDecoration does not understand the message
> defaultButton.

I cannot reproduce this either.

> For the first issue, I have used a trick inside my CSS stylesheet in
> order to remove the display of the second set of buttons.
> Here is the dedicated part inside my style function.

There is something wrong with your setup. The button definition #( Ok
Cancel ) looks odd, do you actually have methods #Ok and #Cancel in
your component?

> For the second issue, I understand well that this message should be only
> dedicated to the WAFormValidation component but why it is passed through
> the other decoration (the validation one)?
> After browsing the addDecoration method, I noticed that the decorations
> are not collected through a list but they are chained. Here I guess that
> form owner is MyComponent and that validation owner is form. I do not
> know if I am right here? But anyway, I can't solve my problem.

Can you provide a minimal file-out that shows the problem and that can
be loaded and browsed with a single click?

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch