[Seaside] WASelectTag

Ken Treis ken at miriamtech.com
Fri Jun 8 20:05:57 UTC 2007

On Jun 7, 2007, at 5:44 AM, Philippe Marschall wrote:

> 2007/6/6, Ken Treis <ken at miriamtech.com>:
>> I know (at some point) people were holding out for traits to solve
>> this, but it seems like a lot of these helpers could simply be pushed
>> up to WATagBrush. Things like name, value, type, etc. all fall under
>> the category of "common attribute helpers" that several (but not all)
>> tags need.
>
> Yeah right, at the end WATagBrush will look like Object in Squeak.

This is interesting to me. I don't quite know what your objection is,
but it sounds like you'd rather have the code duplication than have
the protocol space of WATagBrush grow. I'd personally much rather
eliminate the duplicated code.

But it's just a personal preference, for whatever it's worth. The
only reason I mentioned it was because I sympathized with Lukas's
laments over the additional duplicated code. It seems like there's a
simple answer here, but apparently I'm in the minority that doesn't
find it objectionable.

--
Ken Treis
Miriam Technologies, Inc.