[Seaside] Seaside + Scriptaculous: Question on SUAjax onLoad, onComplete, etc.

Nik Lutz nik.lutz at gmail.com
Tue Jun 26 23:51:11 UTC 2007

hy

Maybe I've done something similar some time ago: After a file-upload,
the file had to be processed, that took up to several minutes....

My Solution:
In the callback of the upload button i forked a new thread that
processed the file:

#import
 [
self threadRunning: true.
  self processFile.
self threadRunning: false.
]   forkAt: Processor userBackgroundPriority named: 'Monitor import'

Render some information (duration) while the import is running, during
this time poll to see if the thread has finished:

#renderProgressBarOn: html
	html div
		id: 'divProgressbar';
		with: [
			html text: #pleaseWaitTillImportHasFinished translate ] .

#renderValidationOn: html
	self renderProgressBarOn: html.
	html div
		script: (
                    html periodical
			evalScripts: true;
			frequency: 1;
			callback: [ :r |
				self isThreadRunning:
					ifFalse: [
						r script:'updater.stop();$('divProgressbar'').setStyle({display:
						super  renderValidationOn: r ]
					ifTrue: [
						r render: self elapsedTime duration ]];
			assignTo: 'updater');
		with: [ ].

so instead of hiding the progress-bar, you could do another full-request....

hope it helps

/nik