[Seaside] default entry & Base URL := URL redirect

Brad Fuller brad at sonaural.com
Fri Mar 2 15:27:35 UTC 2007

Brad Fuller wrote:
> Florian Minjat wrote:
>> This one too from the same thread should interrest you :
>>
>> ">> I need my application to be accessible with an url
>>>
>>> Lukas Renggli wrote:
>>> Aha, now I understand the problem. Evaluate the following code:
>>>     WADispatcher default setName: ''
>>> and everything should work. Thanks to the new implementation of the
>>> dispatchers ;-) "
>
> Yeah, I saw that Florian, Thanks.
>
> Ok, so I executed
>  * WADispatcher default setName: ''
>  * re-inited Seaside and Pier.
>  * stopped and started WAKom (that always seems to be needed)
>
> Now, I can go to
>
>   http://mydomain.com:9999/seaside
>
> and the web browser displays the application that is the Default Entry
> of seaside/config.
>
> In the particular Seaside Application config
>  * place '/' in "Server Path"
>
> With rewrite rules, it seems to work fine.

On another site, I have a question: I'm working on the squeakfoundation
site and want to know how we can do this w/o apache rewrite rules.
Specifically, it is now:

<VirtualHost *>
         ServerName www.squeakfoundation.org
         ServerAlias squeakfoundation.org
         ProxyPass / http://127.0.0.1:7780/
         ProxyPassReverse / http://127.0.0.1:7780/
</VirtualHost>

Anyone help with ideas so we can access pier at the base url?

brad