[Seaside] character encoding again

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 10:42:36 UTC 2007

> It works great! I'm blushing, the answer was even right under my nose
> (as usual). Anyway, Here is the HTML encoding I am using for the
> upper part of the Squeak character set (only a couple of characters
> are missing). You have probably done this already.

I wouldn't do that and I am sure you will sooner or later run into troubles.

In my experience the easiest (but certainly not the only) way to make
things work is the following:

- leave WAHtmlBuilder class>>#initialize as it is
- use WAKom instead of anything that does a special encoding
- use #isoToUtf8 on all strings you define in your image
- strings that come from the outside (requests) are already utf-8

Cheers,
Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli