[Seaside] Working with CSS designers

Brad Fuller brad at sonaural.com
Sun Mar 11 22:44:51 UTC 2007

Jason Johnson wrote:
> What I do is take advantage of the fact that Comanche is a full web
> server.  I have a htdocs directory like one would have with apache with
> an /images directory.  I can verify the image can be served just by
> surfing to it as I would with apache.  Then my seaside app can simply
> reference the resources where they are (e.g. /images/logo.png).

Hmmm... I can do the same thing using the way David does it[1], but I
can never get any browser to render images. For instance, in Firefox,
clicking on any png/jpg/gif in the directory listing results in:

"The image “http://localhost:9999/path/box-bottom-right.png” cannot be
displayed, because it contains errors."

But, there are no errors in the graphics files. Is this a mime error
with Kom?

> If needed, I don't think it would be too hard to configure apache to
> take over the static content later, but it is nice for speed to just use
> Comanche while developing.

Exactly, that's what I want to do. I have apache serving static files
from directories, but I want a easy way to develop away from the live site.