[Seaside] Re: [ANN] GemStone BOF at Smalltalk Solutions 2007

Yanni Chiu yanni at rogers.com
Thu May 3 04:58:37 UTC 2007

Avi Bryant wrote:
> On 5/2/07, smalltalk at jgfoster.net <smalltalk at jgfoster.net> wrote:
>> ... Now
>> we have "number of server processes" which seems sufficiently vague and
>> meaningless to not be confused with anything.
>>
>> Suggestions are welcome!
>

> "Number of Squeak/VW clients"?

IIUC, "number of gems" is the precise answer,
but they're striving for terminology that those
unfamiliar with GemStone can relate to. I think
that "number of server processes" works fine for
this purpose.

It's unclear whether a VW client would be able
to connect to the "free" version.

The number of Squeak clients able to connect
would be reduced by the number of topaz clients
that are connected. So, "number of Squeak/VW clients"
does not seem to be the right term to use.