[Seaside] Which persistence solution to use?

James Foster Smalltalk at jgfoster.net
Fri May 11 15:20:44 UTC 2007

On Friday 11 May 2007 5:03 am, Udo Schneider wrote:
> Hi,
>
> up to now I only used Seaside with temporary data or things stored "in
> the image".
>
> Now I need to store data permanently (and if possible outside the
> image).
Why "outside the image"? Do you need to get access to the data from something
other than Seaside?

> Which persistence solutions do exist which work well in
> combination with Seaside.
GemStone just announced a version that supports Seaside. GemStone is a dialect
of Smalltalk that has built-in persistence. See the following for more
information:
http://seaside.gemstone.com/
http://gemstonesoup.wordpress.com/

> Having a Dolphin Background I'm comfortable
> with some OR mappers and OmniBase.
>
> Which other solution do exist? I read some stuff on Magma but I'm not
> quite sure how recent the integration in Seaside is.
>
> Any pointers?
>
> CU,
>
> Udo

James Foster