[Seaside] Firebug ans JS generated with seaside

Rick Flower rickf at ca-flower.com
Fri May 25 20:21:33 UTC 2007

On Fri, May 25, 2007 12:22 pm, Sebastian Sastre wrote:
> Hi seasiders,
>
>     I'm developing some javascript functions (in a library in the image) I
> need to create menues for my apps and I have Firebug showing the js script
> of a seaside page, in fact all the html code of the page, in one single
> line
> of about 4 meters long! I'm unable to debug my own code like that. Has
> anybody some pointer on how to make it to behave?

I *think* that Seaside does that to save space & transmission time (a form
of optimization).. If you're using Firebug, you shouldn't have any
problems viewing the page source easily and nicely formatted at that.
When you open firebug, it should show the HTML source and you can
drill-down into the HTML to see the page structure just fine -- at least
it's worked for me on several Windows & MAC boxes I've got.  On thing I've
personally found is that Firebug occasionally gets confused and claims
that some of the HTML looks one way but it isn't really that way.. I've
seen this with my own test code where I've removed various entire divs of
information and Firebug still shows it when browsing the source code..
I've double-checked by viewing the raw page source and sure enough -- it
doesn't match what firebug is claiming.. I guess it's a bug of some kind.
YMMV.