[Seaside] YUI

Rick Flower rickf at ca-flower.com
Thu Nov 1 01:02:55 UTC 2007

On Wed, October 31, 2007 12:11 pm, C. David Shaffer wrote:

> ... I agree 100% with many of the sentiments expressed in
> this thread w/ regards to needing a rich Seaside/Smalltalk-based
> component set.  I also think that there are few among us who know enough
> about "the browser as a client platform" to produce it.  In any case my
> deadline looms and my requirements are currently met by parts of ExtJS.

I was initially toying around w/ YUI in a vain attempt to get their menu
system plugged into Seaside building upon what Boris had published a while
back.. Unfortunately, I found that converting their framework into something
that made sense (to me at least) in a ST sort of way didn't really jive for
me and I never got too far.. It was rather ugly and all..

Personally, I'd love to see something that would allow a nice Seaside/ST
interface for a menu system similar to what either YUI or ExtJS provides..
However, as mentioned earlier in this thread I think that one of the hard
parts is trying to make it not only play in our environment but also that
it makes sense..  Oh well.. Time to take the kids out for some trick or
treating.. (8->