[Seaside] ProxyPass and the P Option

Richard Eng richard.eng at rogers.com
Mon Nov 5 16:50:31 UTC 2007

Thanks for the various configuration files. But I *am* trying to avoid using
ProxyPass directives, and I am not successful.

Apache is wickedly complicated. I think very few people actually fully
understand how it works. That's why there are a myriad of ad hoc
configurations floating throughout the Internet with users employing trial
and error (ie, guesswork) to adapt these configurations for their own use.
Consequently, these configurations are very fragile. It's a right bloody
mess.

With my configuration, I am trying to accomplish two goals:

1) Secure my site with SSL.

2) Load-balance my Seaside application using Apache2.

I've succeeded with 1), but I need to get rid of ProxyPass directives for
2). My configuration, so far, is as simple as I can make it. Complex
configurations obfuscate the situation. Like I said, very few people really
understand Apache. I need to proceed very, very cautiously...

Richard