[Seaside] Long submit problems with IE

Carl Gundel carlg at libertybasic.com
Sat Nov 10 17:39:56 UTC 2007

This is a problem that has been posted about a few times, but until
yesterday I wasn't able to put my finger on the cause.  I'm not absolutely
sure why this is, but it seems that IE has some pretty draconian hard coded
limits in place about how long a form submit can be.  When writing programs
in Run BASIC on IE once a program gets to be a few thousand bytes long the
submit fails when trying to do anything on the page (running, saving, etc.).
The result is the dreaded "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage"
error message.  Has anyone else here had to deal with this?  Is there a way
to work around the problem?

I'm using VW7.4.1 and Seaside 2.6 and Web Toolkit.  Do newer versions of
Seaside handle this differently?

Thanks,

-Carl Gundel
http://www.runbasic.com