[Seaside] [ANN] Seaside One-Click Experience

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Mon Nov 12 10:12:36 UTC 2007

On Nov 10, 2007, at 13:04 , Philippe Marschall wrote:

> Hi
>
> There has been a lot of talk recently about improving the Smalltalk,
> Squeak and Seaside experience for new users. Especially to make it
> easier and faster to get started. The two vendors that support Seaside
> are working in this area. That does not mean Squeak can not lead the
> way. Today we present you the Seaside One-Click Experience [1]  for OS
> X, Windows and Linux based on the work done by the Sophie Project [2].
> Just download the zip-archive, extract it and double click on the
> executable for your platform and you have Seaside 2.8 final running.
>
> Cheers
> The Squeak Seaside Team
>
> [1] http://www.seaside.st/download/squeak#167943699
> [2] http://www.sophieproject.org/

It should be noted that the work done by the Sophie Project is based
on the original work of impara [3] for Plopp [4]. I know, because I
developed that packaging structure while working at impara (though it
did not occur to us to call it “one-click”). Anyway, great to see it
put to good use in other projects!

- Bert -

[3] http://impara.de/

[4] http://planet-plopp.com/ (down temporarily, German site at http://