[Seaside] Use of examples from Hasso-Plattner-Institut's tutorial

Miguel Enrique Cobá Martínez m.coba.m at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 05:23:12 UTC 2007

In a previous mail Stephane Ducasse wanted to know the license of the
code in the tutorial from Hasso-Plattner-Institut. Nobody replied with
an official position.

In the About us section of the tutorial says that Michael Perscheid is
the contact for feedback. Instead of writing a private mail to  him, I
chose to send it to the list so it can be used as a public position
regarding the use of the examples, techniques and information contained
in the tutorial.

I refer only to the code and not to the text. As I understand it, if you
buy a book about data structures in C, for example, you can use the
techniques in it because it is meant to learn the language or the
techniques. The same logic applies to the code and techniques you read
in a forum on the web. The code in the forum's threads are for learning
and is common to use the code verbatim or with little modifications in
your own project. You get my point.

Can you, please, clarify this point?

Regards,
Miguel Cobá