[Seaside] Some benchmarks comparing Seaside on different dialects

James Foster Smalltalk at JGFoster.net
Thu Nov 15 14:44:33 UTC 2007

Esteban A. Maringolo wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've just published the results of a sort of "brute force" attack,
> against Seaside on Dolphin, Squeak an VW.
> All the setups where with "out of the box" images (no special VM
> tuning) + the installing instructions for each Seaside port.
>
> You can access its results and some observations here:
> <http://dolphinseaside.blogspot.com/2007/11/some-benchmarks.html>
>
> I would like to share comments about this, and I'm open to
> recommendations about better benchmarking procedures.
>
> Regards,
It would be interesting to throw GemStone into the mix. Is your hardware
64-bit? Does it support virtualization? Dale has done some benchmarking
and shared his results here:
http://gemstonesoup.wordpress.com/2007/10/19/scaling-seaside-with-gemstones/.

James