[Seaside] Re: GOODS

Sebastian Sastre ssastre at seaswork.com
Tue Nov 20 02:37:30 UTC 2007

> About storing stuff right inside image. I am feeling strange
> about this. I ve come from PHP/Ruby world so I am yet a
> little freaked out by this forever living image (though I
> have to say it is very appealing). Is there any penalty for
> storing stuff right inside an image? Should I keep it as
> small as I can or it is not tha critical?
>
> TS

Tomas just remember to remain kind of skeptical about images they can become
corrupt and you can have other potential problems. So if your scope is a
cheap non intrusive prototypical phase of the development it will certainly
can help you.
ImagesSegments are kind of better choice but more or less the same is valid.
They didn't failed me (yet :)
Also have in mind that if you can make later the persistence compromise your
development speed may suffer less.

Cheers,

Sebastian
PS: I'm not confortable persisting in images and in fact I don't use them
for that but it's true that they are an option.