[Seaside] SushiStore removed from Seaside

Keith Hodges keith_hodges at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Nov 22 02:12:01 UTC 2007

Ramon Leon wrote:
>> Philippe
>>
>> Your comment (below) sounds overly dogmatic.
>>
>> My students specifically said that they think that a shopping
>> cart example is essential. Maybe they (and me) are wrong to
>> hold our opinion?
>>
>> Yours
>>
>> Bob
>>

> Phillippe is right, examples might be nice, but they have no place in the
> core framework.  The examples are, and should be maintained as separate
> loadable applications.
>
> Ramon Leon
> http://onsmalltalk.com

I can think of a number of successful frameworks that have taken an
opposite approach.

"Easy install with everything and the kitchen sink included. Everything
that you could possibly want to solve your problem."

Admittedly these tools do not have a core as refined and as high quality
as has been produced by the focussed approach but I think it is a
sensible option.

Lack of a viable example application is what kept me from using seaside
for 3 years in the early days. I could see how to make components like
the counter, I could not see how to put it all together.

Now I make components like a counter and put it all together with pier
so I no longer have that problem.

best regards

Keith