[Seaside] Seaside Listening on localhost only ?

Randal L. Schwartz merlyn at stonehenge.com
Mon Nov 26 15:16:20 UTC 2007

>>>>> "Sven" == Sven Van Caekenberghe <sven at beta9.be> writes:

Sven> Is this by design (and do I need to put Apache proxying in front of it)
Sven> or is there a way to fix this ?

This is a good thing.  Generally, you'll be putting Apache (or some other
caching web proxy) in front of Seaside, and you don't want people connecting
directly to your smalltalk process.

Sven> If I am tracing the call graph correctly, I arrive at
TcpListener> pvtNewListener: where clearly
Socket> listenerOn:backlogSize:interface: is called with the interface
Sven> argument hard-coded to #(127 0 0 1). It seams that Squeak has
Sven> NetNameResolver localHostAddress which would give back the 'correct'
Sven> interface name to bind the server socket to ?

You should be able to change 127 0 0 1 to 255 255 255 255 to get back
to the insecure behavior.