[Seaside] A more complete solution for loose coupling

Sebastian Sastre ssastre at seaswork.com
Mon Oct 1 18:36:41 UTC 2007

Hi all,

    I was reading Ramon's blog about announcements and loose coupling. This
started as a (failed try of) Ramon's blog comment so then I though about
posting it here because mays be of design interest.

    I found announcements not a complete solution. I admit that it is a
complete solution in the server scope but not in the client-server scope as
a whole.

    The kind of stuff that I found quite common and requires a bigger scope
than announcements is a case like: when you want update one component lets
say aBudgetTotal which is a subcomponent of aBudgetEditor. You want the
update only when anItemEditor (also subcomponent of aBudgetEditor) triggers
#changed (*key here*) at the user agent.

    How would be your (for all of us) favorite approach to this?

Cheers !

Sebastian Sastre