[Seaside] Suspending UI Process

Norbert Hartl norbert at hartl.name
Thu Oct 18 07:19:46 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-10-16 at 21:05 +0200, Philippe Marschall wrote:
> 2007/10/16, Jimmie Houchin <j.squeak at cyberhaus.us>:
> > Hello,
> >
> > While researching the cpu usage, polling issue. I saw a thread on
> > suspending the UI Process which Avi also mentioned that he does.
> >
> > Is there anyway for an image when starting up in headless mode be
> > started up with UI suspended?
> >
> > Are there other ways for the UI process polling to stop?
>
> Yes, you can pass a .st script file to the vm that will be executed on
> the start of the image. Seaside Hosting does this and as far as I
> remember it's not really small.

I do the following:

[
   (Delay forSeconds: 10) wait.
   Project uiProcess suspend.
] fork.
SmalltalkImage current snapshot: true andQuit: true

While writing this I must confess that I'm not 100% sure if this works.
I assume the forked block gets also suspend and continues after starting
the saved image which would lead to the suspend action.

Norbert