[Seaside] Seaside deployment help

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Tue Oct 23 11:41:32 UTC 2007

>     configure the seaside image so that all urls will have the following
> form : /~luc/seaside/*
>     (I guess it is the most simple way to achieve my will)
>  but I don't want to use the two atributes "Server Hostname" and "Server
> Path" because I would prefer a simpler solution like modify the default
> WADispatcher in order to configure all applications at once.
> Is there a better solution ?

What about a one-liner that sets the server-path for all applications?

You don't need to bother about hostname if you use Apache 2, because
Seaside will figure out by itself.

>     - What is "Resourse base Url" configuration?
>     When I changed it for counter app for example,  static files url are not
> changer and links are not good e.g
>     /seaside/files/WAStandardFiles/toolbar.css

This setting is only used if you are sending #resourceUrl: to some
tags. WACounter doesn't use it, therefor nothing changes.

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch