[Seaside] YUI

Sebastian Sastre ssastre at seaswork.com
Wed Oct 31 19:41:09 UTC 2007

> > different looks.  I've seen the themes posted - they just address
> > color scheme.
> >

> Yes, as I said, not perfect for everyone or every app.  As
> for themes, you have a fair amount of control of how things
> look even without creating your own theme (all of the
> components support CSS class configuration for most of their
> visual parts).  I haven't found a need for it b/c "like
> Windows" is better looking that "David Shaffer's crappy
> artisticless-ness rendering" :-) :-) :-)
>
> David

He he, ok but not all that shines is gold. I saw application interfaces with
humble widgets but with superior heuristic scoring than an equivalent
application with glamorous native widgets.

So why you want to repeat a formula with systematic disrespect to heuristic
principles if you can give a better experience not needing to "desktopize"
the web widgets?

Cheers,

Sebastian