[Seaside] Making a store in Seaside

Nevin Pratt nevin at bountifulbaby.com
Thu Sep 13 05:08:54 UTC 2007

Jason,

I use Komanche in Squeak for www.bountifulbaby.com .  There is no
Apache, and no other http server.  It uses stunnel for SSL.  However,
that site is running an old version of Seaside.  I developed another
site that ran live from November 2006 until the end of July 2007, using
a later version of Seaside.  It used Apache, and mod_ssl for SSL.

So, I've done it both ways.

I would use Apache on any other Seaside sites.  In fact, with the later
versions of Seaside, Seaside almost requires it.  Unless you don't need SSL.

I don't recall details, but later versions of Seaside changes the URL
rewriting from the old version sufficiently to thoroughly hose the
stunnel approach I previously used.  I imagine I could have solved the
problem somehow, but it was just easier to switch to Apache.

Nevin