[Seaside] Configuring Seaside Application Behind Apache Under Linux/Unix?

John Thornborrow john at pinesoft.co.uk
Wed Sep 19 15:51:59 UTC 2007

If I had a blog, I would blog this, but here goes.. a quick few lines
setup for Apache2, be it on windows, or *nix. Either paste this directly
into your httpd.conf, or preferaby, include it in a separate file or
VirtualHost declaration. Remember to adjust the parameters (and any
typos.. :-) to suit your environment of course.

LoadModule proxy_module		/usr/lib/apache2/mod_proxy.so
LoadModule proxy_connect_module	/usr/lib/apache2/mod_proxy_connect.so
LoadModule proxy_http_module	/usr/lib/apache2/mod_proxy_http.so

ProxyRequests Off
ProxyPreserveHost On

<Location /seaside/files> 	# This location prevents you needing to
	ProxyPass !		# refactor your code in, for example,
</Location>			# the #style method for any links like
				# background: url(/seaside/files/ ...

<Location />
	ProxyPass http://127.0.0.1:9090/seaside/yourappname/
	ProxyPassReverse http://127.0.0.1:9090/seaside/yourappname/