[Seaside] Using Insertions and Script Aculo

Oleg Richards orichards at mail.ru
Mon Sep 24 13:45:44 UTC 2007

Thank you my friend :)
I would like to explain you a task, and then if you have an idea you can
recommend me how to do the same with smalltalk.

1 - I Have a financial report form with a lot of filled rows.
2 - I've created a view with an InPlaceEditing feature, which gives me
ability to change values of rows, which have no formulas on fly.
InPlaceEditor triggers also update of all dependent rows. All this works..
3 - I also want to display additional rows after some of them, to show that
the previous row is invalid. And i also want to show in that row some info,
that can help you to solve the problem. Maybe its better to be done with
tooltips. I really don't know what is better. So now we have something like:

Row: Description - Value with inplaceeditior
Row: Information of validator

4 - I need to add one more trigger to inplaceeditor not only to update
dependent rows, but to check for current situation in validation. And after
that i should make decision to insert "invalid row message", change it, or
remove it..

Do you have an idea of implementing it? Is it better to do this part without
AJAX?

Cheers, Oleg