[Seaside] SVG Rendering Engine

Holger Kleinsorgen h.kleinsorgen at i-views.de
Sun Apr 6 22:42:32 UTC 2008

Gerhard Obermann schrieb:
> No, ill want a native rendering engine inside Seaside.
> It should be easy do define and reuse SVG components like building
> normal seaside components.
> I think i can do the most off the basic SVG stuff by myself,
> but ill need some help for the integration part.
> e.g. which classes should be subclassed or where should i put then rendering
> engine

ok. I was thinking about doing the SVG -> Bitmap rendering in Seaside,
because no browser fully supports SVG, and it doesnt look this will
change in the near future (e.g.
http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/SVG_in_Firefox). So doing the
Bitmap rendering could avoid compatibility issues. But high-quality
rendering is... difficult.
Supporting Silverlght/XAML probably requires an intermediate vector
graphics model which can translate itself into SVG and XAML (maybe even
OpenOffice SXD), but that doesnt sound enticing (the usual
cross-platform / conversion problems).