[Seaside] SVG Rendering Engine

Gerhard Obermann obi068 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 7 18:50:43 UTC 2008

Hi!

I am little bit confused too.

*From my point of view the following functions should be covered with a
Seaside SVG implementation (first step).*

- Nice SVG Renderer (maybe subclass of  a 2d gfx Renderer)
- Basic set of SVG Elements (mainly Shapes, Text, Images,..) subset of SVG
Tiny
- Standalone SVG documents
- Embedded SVG documents using the object tag (referenced with a callback ?)
- Callbacks on SVG elements (using SVG "a" element)
- Generated SVG XML should work in all Standard browsers

   - IE using ASV (no longer supported, but is working for IE6 and IE7)
   - Opera and Firefox (Native SVG)
   - Safari ???

**
*Not in the first step:*
**
- Inline SVG .... too many open issues, different solutions for different
browser; not full-featured
- SVG ECMA Scripting
- AJAX Javascript Library to move and or modify elements
- AJAX Javascript Library to create or delete elements
- SVG full

br
Gerhard
**