[Seaside] Classbrowser trouble

Philippe Marschall philippe.marschall at gmail.com
Tue Apr 8 05:10:24 UTC 2008

2008/4/7, Lukas Renggli <renggli at gmail.com>:
> >  How can I find out about unicode characters?
>

> Are you using WAKomEncoded39? I cannot reproduce it with WAKomEncoded.
>
>  WAKomEncoded39 should not be used together with certain versions of
>  Kom. To quote Philippe:
>
>  - Squeak 3.9 und Göran Kom -> use WAKomEncoded39
>  - Squeak 3.9 und Giovanny Kom -> use WAKomEncoded
>  - Squeak 3.8 und Göran Kom -> use WAKomEncoded
>  - Squeak 3.8 und Giovanny Kom -> troubles
>
>  Furthermore I suggest to use the released versions only
>  (Seaside2.8a1-pmm.536), for example the ones you find in the one-click
>  image. Seaside2.8a1-mu.540 is not merged with the latest code and
>  contains some (to me unknown) changes related to encoding.

In Seaside2.8a1-pmm.540 the class comments read:

WAKomEncoded:
 provide an adapter between Seaside and the Comanche web server with
response/request conversion from
UTF-8 to WideString and back in Squeak 3.8 or later.

see WAKom

Use me if you have either Squeak 3.8 and an old version of
KomHttpServer or Squeak 3.9 and a new version of
KomHttpServer. Squeak 3.8 and an new version of KomHttpServer are
likely to cause problems. If you use
Squeak 3.9 or later and an earlier version of KomHttpServer se WAKomEncoded39.

definition of a new version of Kom:
- SqueakMap: KomHttpServer 7.0.5 or later
- Monticello: KomHttpServer KomHttpServer-RJT.23 or later, especially
KomHttpServer-gc.27 or later

images in which you should use WAKomEncoded
- the Seaside One-Click image
- a recent squeak-web image from Damien

WAKomEncoded39:
I have the same resposibility like WAKomEncoded except that I'm for
Squeak 3.9 and old version of
KomHttpServer. See class comment of WAKomEncoded for more details. In
general I should not be used
anymore.

Together with issue 50 and all the other fixes since
Seaside2.8a1-lr.518 this would make a nice 2.8.1 maintenance release
IMHO.

Cheers
Philippe