[Seaside] [Q] Ajax UTF-8 Problem in WebKit(Older one in AIR)

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Tue Apr 8 06:36:07 UTC 2008

>  The problem is that when I render the content of anID not using Ajax update, it
>  just renders itself correctly. But with above code, the rendered UTF-8 korean string
>  is broken. I have no problem with current safari, firefox, ie; only ooold safari 2.0.X and
>  AIR(which uses unfixed version of webkit) does show this problem.

It looks to me like you should ask this question in an AIR
mailing-list/forum. I don't think it has anything to do with
prototype, as this library just inserts the strings into the DOM tree
as they arrive through XMLHTTPRequest. Maybe you can patch the updater
so that it changes the encoding in JavaScript?

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch