[Seaside] Accessing SURequest / SUAjax post parameters

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Tue Apr 15 05:58:26 UTC 2008

>  >  >         html anchor
>  >  >                 onClick:  (html request
>  >  >                         callback: [ self updateModel: testParamValue ];
>  >  >                         callback: [ :value | testParamValue := value ] value: 'abc');
>  >  >                 with: 'SURequest example'

Why doesn't this code work?

I only notice now that you are using a #request, so you can even make
it simpler:

    html request callback: [ :value | self updateModel: value ] value: 'abc'

>  myModel.toJson()  -- so what I want to end up with is a callback that
>  returns the json data to my Seaside component.

The #callback:value:'s first argument is the callback block with the
value, the second argument is the JSON data (in this case a string)
that is serialized on the browser side and brought to the server side.
See the method comment for details.

Lukas renggli

--
Lukas Renggli